Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Goings On...by Natt

Hello!

I just realized I hadn't posted in a while, so I thought I would share some things that have been going on around our place. :)

Music:
Last night we practiced for our entry DVD for the Silver Dollar City Single Mic Championship...I hope we can make a video soon so we can get in the contest!! We have a friend who's really good on the Dobro who is helping us out.We practiced from 6:00pm till 11:00pm!! It would be so fun to go to SDC, we know quite a few people that go down to Branson for the Bluegrass fest.

Also....I am going to get Mandolin lessons from Jeremy Chapman!!!! (You know, all The Chapman's songs off of their new C.D. "Grown Up" are my favorite songs!:)) It's going to be SO neat! He's really good on the mandolin...and singing for that matter. :) My first lesson is next Wednesday, I am really looking forward to it! (You might have already guessed that! ;))

Reading:
I am currently reading "The Redemption Of Sarah Cain" by Beverly Lewis. It's pretty good. I still haven't finished it though. I am also reading "The God I Love" by Joni Eareckson Tada. She is a very good writer. It's her biography. For those who don't know who she is, here is a short biography:

FROM WEBSITE:

A diving accident in 1967 left Mrs. Tada a quadriplegic in a wheelchair, unable to use her hands. During two years of rehabilitation, she spent long months learning how to paint with a brush between her teeth. Her high detail fine art paintings and prints are sought after and collected.

Due to her best-selling books, beginning with her autobiography, Joni, as well as having visited 35 countries, Joni's first name is recognized around the world. World Wide Pictures' full-length feature film, JONI, in which Mrs. Tada recreated her own life, has been translated into 15 languages and shown in scores of countries around the world.


It's wonderful that it's starting to warm up a little bit around here...I really love Spring! The wind is a little chilly today though.

The other night we watched "Northanger Abby" (2007) again. The little boys actually liked it! I was really surprised! :) They never like Jane Austen movies! Speaking of Jane Austen movies, I really liked the new Masterpiece Theater movie "Emma". It was beautiful!

Well, I guess I'd better stop rambling! (Who's going to read this anyway?) :)


May God Bless Your Day!
Natt~

3 comments:

  1. Is it just me - or does the beginning and end of your post require a bit of translation?
    Anyways, hope your practicing goes well, that would be so cool if ya'll got to got to SDC!
    I just read "Persuasion" by Jane Austen, and we watched the movie the other night. Haven't seen Northanger Abbey, but I like the book. I'm so excited that I get to see you guys again this weekend! Natt, you'll have to teach me some mandolin if we have time. Speaking of which, that's so great that you get to take lessons from the Chapman guy (I can't remember his name) ;)
    See ya'll this weekend!
    -Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to copy and paste the contents of your post to word, and change the font to be able to read it=) It's soooooo cool that you get to take lessons from Jeremy Chapman!!!!! *jealous...not that I could play mandolin even if I got the chance lol;) I'll see ya'll tomorrow=) See ya

    ~Leon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I (Natt) didn't know these comments were here until today!!

    I couldn't get the font to change so I guess I can't fix it. :/

    Coco: I am so glad we got to see you!! I was really excited when I heard you were coming too. :) I've read "Northanger Abby", but I've never read "Persuasion". You picked up really good on the mandolin! You are a fast learner. It helps to have learned different instruments. :)

    Leon (code name Noel...ha ha :)) : Yeah! We're leaving in a few hours to go down for my first lesson!! I bet you could play the mandolin though. :) And you have Kyle to give you tips! ;)

    It was SO nice to see you all again.

    Hope we can get together soon!
    Natt~

    ReplyDelete